Terms of Boarding
All dogs must be fully vaccinated, including infectious tracheobronchitis (kennel cough) which we require to be administered at least 10 days prior to boarding. Please note that the infectious bronchitis vaccine does not give 100% protection against tracheobronchitis and the owner takes full responsibility for this, we will not be liable if your pet catches kennel cough. Up to date certificate to be produced on arrival.
Entry will be refused if vaccinations are not up to date. If you are unsure of the requirements please check with your vet at least 2 weeks before boarding.
We reserve the right to refuse admission to any pet which, in our opinion, is showing signs of ill health.
If your pet has any existing medical condition any medication they need should be supplied with clear written instructions.
We reserve the right to contact a veterinary surgeon should we feel the need arises. Should a dog fall ill whilst boarded at the kennels we will endeavour to tend to their needs within our capabilities, however if constant attention, surveillance and care is required we must insist that the dog is collected by the owner or a nominated other specified by the owner. Failing this the dog will be taken into care at the local veterinary surgery. All fees and charges will be the responsibility of the owner.
The daily rate is charged from the day of admission to the day of departure. Payment is requested in full upon collection.
Covid 19 extra measures
- During booking please give details of any special needs for your dog, including food and medication, and what, if any, items you will be leaving. Please keep toys to a minimum. Drop off and pick up times need to be pre-arranged and kept to avoid congestion in the parking area.
- Please email scanned copies of vaccination certificates on booking or, if that is not an option then please arrange with your vet that we can confirm your dogs’ vaccination status by telephone.
- Parking will be in the usual location and there will be a gazebo there for you to shelter under in the case of bad weather. There is a form seat adjacent with a hook on which you can attach your dog by its lead so we can maintain social distancing on hand over.
- On the table in the gazebo please place any items your dog needs during its stay with us. Special foods, medications need to be in easily wipeable containers, we will disinfect bedding with a suitable animal-safe spray.
- Payment is preferred by bank transfer. Bank details will be provided but if this is not possible please discuss alternative methods of payment on booking.
- Pick up will essentially be the reverse of drop off. Items you have left will be sanitised and left on the table in the gazebo, we will attach your dog's lead to the hook so you can collect whilst maintaining social distancing.
We are confident that the measure outlined, coupled with the current Scottish Government Covid 19 guidelines, will keep you and the staff at Colliestown Kennels safe during these unprecedented times and allow you to have a worry free break away.
We may from time to time take photographs of our facilities for use on our website and marketing material. These may include images of your pet if they are in the kennels at the time the photographs are taken.
Wish to book with us?
Send your booking request and we will confirm availability